Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It’s times like these you learn to live again


So here we go. The van is packed; the “kids” are in the car and were off. The anticipation is over – even though really, the anticipation has just begun. The old adage “Its not so much the destination, but the journey” has never been so true in my life. Yes we are going to the biggest sporting event in the world – the Winter Olympics, but I am also going to see what an amazing country I am a part of in the process. A few others in our class have the luxury of flying to Vancouver and as much as I would love to hop on a plane and just be there, this is going to be an unforgettable experience which you do not get from a six hour flight on a Air-Bus. I personally can't wait to see what I have been missing the past 25 years of my life. I haven’t been west of the Soo before today but that will change in about 4 hours from now. I don’t want this blog to be overly “Philosophical” but I think this experience calls for me to reflect somewhat. That being said, experiences like this change peoples lives (or at least their outlook on life) which is why I decided to join SPAD; to change my life.

Nicole has taken the first shift driving probably until we get to the Soo. Since there's six of us we will probably take 4 hour shifts(or until the driver gets tired). Special thanks goes out to the Magnetawan Home Hardwear and Nicole's parents for letting us use their van! Also to My Mom for posting the pictures on this blog. Next post from Manitoba! Until then....here are our individual messages

Nicole - "I can't believe were actually doing this. Hi Mom and Dad! Thanks for the van!"
Jarrod - "As of right now, plan B is to just giver 110%"
Shannon - "I didn't drink alllll day, so now I won't have to pee!"
Corey - "Hi Mom, don't forget to give the dog her pills"
Dana - "Au revoir Sudbury, Vancouver on s'en vient! Salut Momma et Poppa"
Reuben "Hi Mom and Dad. So long big nickel, its been a slice but there are bigger and better things to come"

No comments:

Post a Comment